Friday, February 1, 2013
Crunch Time!
Well I can now say that I will be having my baby this month!! 10 days left! I feel like we have SO many things to get done and so little time! We had one of our last doctor's appointments today. (thank goodness!) Only two more appointments left before we have this baby!! Going to the doctor twice a week kinda gets old pretty quick! We had a growth ultrasound today. This baby is HUGE! She is already measuring at 7 pounds 9 ounces and I am only 36 weeks today. Her head is already measuring at 40 weeks!!! Yikes. Overall she is measuring at about 38.5 weeks, which is great because when I do have her, she will be measuring at about full term. The doctor said to expect a 8.5 to 9 pounder. I am grateful because that means she will be a happy healthy baby! The doctor said she is surprised we have made it this far. She also said she thought we were gonna have an early baby because of the tests results I was showing earlier in my pregnancy. I feel so blessed that I will be having this baby nearly full term and that everything is healthy!! That was one of my biggest fears. The thing that is a little downer about being induced is labor may take a bit longer than normal! I have to go in at midnight on the 10th, and they start me on a 12 hour medication that I will hopefully be able to sleep through. After that they start you on Petocin to get everything going, so we are hoping that by Monday night or early Tuesday morning our babe will be here! We are getting so anxious to meet this little one. I am so ready to be a Mom and I know Chris is so ready to be a Dad. We are ready to take on this new adventure together. It has been a little frustrating though when we are telling people how excited and anxious we are and people reply with "just you wait" or "you think that now" or "give it a week and then you'll see." That has kinda been a little upsetting. I know people are just trying to "prepare" you for whats really going to happen, and to be honest, we can't wait! Chris and I both agree it will be a change, but we can't wait to be up all night, we can't wait to change her and feed her all the time, we can't wait to calm an upset baby, we can't wait to deal with the puke or blow outs, and we can't wait to have this little person depend on us for everything and anything! We are so excited! Chris has wanted to be a Dad for so long. It is so amazing to be able to give him a Daughter. I know he will be an amazing Dad. It is going to be so great when I see this little person for the first time, and she is all ours. It will all be worth it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment